Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

25 June 2009

God's plan for little people

Elizabeth woke up while I was reading the Bible this morning, so I invited her to join me. Watching the eager little eyes as the realization dawned that those “letters and numbers” were telling us God’s words (as she later explained to her Daddy and me) was a joy to my heart! Hoping she would begin to realize that truth, I had read Psalm 1, the passage we’re currently memorizing with her. I then told her I was going to read the Habakkuk passage, and she responded: “Though the fig tree should not blossom?”

We've been explaining God's hierarchy of authority, too. Children must obey parents; parents must obey God. That's God's plan! As I was again admonishing her about the necessity of obedience this afternoon, I noticed John Mark’s Bible on the piano bench within easy reach. So I turned to Ephesians 6:1 and read it to her. She later completed the first part of the verse. “Children, obey your parents…”

This evening as we were telling John Mark about our Bible reading, Elizabeth paraphrased in a very understanding way:

I reminded her that “God says: Children, obey...”

“Your mommies and daddies…”

I added: “In the Lord, for this is ________.”

And she exclaimed: “My plan!”

No comments: