Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

09 October 2009

October 8: Update on Jonatán

Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s...
(Psalm 103:1-5)

At church last night, our pastor encouraged us to begin memorizing Psalm 103 for our annual Thanksgiving Praise Service, coming up in seven weeks. He also challenged us to "forget not all His benefits" by specifically listing at least one blessing per day. We have so much to thank God for! The Lord brought the first five verses of Psalm 103 to mind as I drove home from visiting Jona and his family tonight...

The Jona I found completing a Physical Science assignment, intent on working hard to catch up on school work he has missed due to chemo and its complications, was an incredible blessing to me. God is specifically answering our prayers! Although Jona is still weak, he went to school all day today. He did take a nap while there and was (understandably!) quite tired this evening, but he is also encouraged. He even has some of the usual sparkle back in his eyes! Praise the Lord!

Thank-you for praying specifically. Please continue! Jona plans to go back to school tomorrow before his mid-morning appointment for blood tests. Please pray that his blood components will be at the desired levels so that he will not need a transfusion and so that he can keep attending classes. He loves school!

(See our specific prayer list here.)

No comments: