Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

26 July 2014

Multilingual Humor

This past week we made some new friends – through a God-appointed meeting at our local supermarket! Three multi-lingual European students traveling through South America this winter/summer joined a group of FEBU students for supper that evening at our house.

An amusing anecdote: DJ was enthralled with the fact that all three spoke multiple languages – and especially languages that I don’t speak...

That night, settling down to sleep, besides our customary counting to ten in Spanish, English, French, and German, DJ wanted me to count to ten in “Air-uh-brick” too!

(I do write Arabic numerals, but that probably doesn’t even count…) J

No comments: