Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

09 May 2016

Her love still shines...

“Mother’s Day” won’t be officially celebrated until next Sunday here in Uruguay. But I’ve been enjoying all the pictures and posts on fb.

So I’ll start this week with a story of my Mommy’s love:

DJ loves to use the bath towel my mom made for friends of our family up in OH as a gift for their first baby. She loved making these for others; she was Dorcas in the 20th Century.

And I’ll be forever grateful to this dear friend who kept it all these years – through two boys (now men!) who loved it and worked to share it – and gave it back to me for my Little People! (Thank-you, Cindy, for such amazing thoughtfulness!)


One day last week after showering DJ, I wrapped him in the towel and sat him on my lap – like he loves! (We call it: “A hug from Grandma who’s already in heaven!”)

And I got to reminiscing about my Mommy...

“She would love you so much...”

“She would be so proud of you and of the fact that you look like Daddy...”

“And of the things you say and do...”


I miss my Mommy so very much – and at the most random moments! But I was feeling especially nostalgic right then. The tears were dangerously close to the surface...

And then DJ said (in that frank and open way of his): “No one loves like you do, Mommy.”

♥ ♥ 

(But I had the very best teacher – who taught us all first and foremost by her example!)

No comments: