Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

02 September 2017

Fútbol, Photos, and Eternity!

While touring the Museo del Fútbol yesterday, I paused and offered to snap pictures for visitors to the Estadio Centenario. As I handed back one smart phone, another visitor came up, asking E and me to take several pictures for him. I guessed his nationality from his friendly and confident demeanor (and the previous night’s event), but I still asked. Yes, he’s from right across the River!

In the course of our conversation, he asked where I was from and then, as many do, why our family had moved here to Uruguay. Besides telling him that I grew up here, I also mentioned our current involvement in the developing Bible College. A few minutes later, he mentioned (out of the blue) that he had an uncle and aunt in Mallorca (Spain) who “are also involved in church work” and he wondered if we might know them. JM and DJ had joined us by then. We ended up giving him a business card, linking to Jona’s Story and the message of Eternal Rescue; he said he would email us and also tell his relatives that he had met us and offered that, although he’s only a nominally religious person, he’d be interested in attending a church service with us next time he visits Montevideo.



I’m especially thankful when loves such as fútbol and photography give opportunity to share the Eternal Hope offered by the One whom we most love...

No comments: