Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

11 December 2008

A Mother's Prayer


Lord, give me patience when wee hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
Give me patient and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from hasty replies.
Let not weariness, confusion, or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So, when in years to come, my home is still
Only happy mem'ries, its rooms may fill.

A good reminder, hanging on a wall in Elizabeth's room, this poem was given to me framed by my assistant pastor's wife at a church baby shower for Elizabeth and me. It seemed a good follow-up to yesterday's post.

It occurs to me that it may also represent a mind-set needed in discipleship of people of any age...

No comments: