Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

12 August 2009

Happy Anniversaries!

August 11, 2009
Happy 9th Anniversary to the Don Garwoods in Uruguay!
(known as “el Abu” and “la Abu” at our house)


August 12, 2009

Happy 42nd Anniversary to the John Steels in Carriacou!

(known as “PaPa” and “Grandma” our house)




We’re still celebrating what has come to be known as Anniversary Season at our house. It runs from mid-July through August or so. Our 10th Anniversary was actually during NBS week at church. If it’s not during a mission trip, it’during NBS week when there’s no extra time for much else. So, we extend our celebration. Events of the last two weeks are certainly a reminder to savor each moment and celebrate the milestones God gives. (And JM has a special celebration planned for later this month...)



I thank God for my family and especially for my best friend – my dearly beloved husband and wonderful father to Elizabeth! I’m thankful for ten years of learning and growing and celebrating life together!

No comments: