Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

19 February 2012

Remembering and praying...

Six months ago, Amy Caldwell Bixby was promoted to Heaven. Please pray especially today for her family (her husband and seven children) – and for all who knew and loved her.

It will be well-worth your time to take a few moments to read (or reread) a blog post that was written by Amy shortly before she went to see her Maker and Savior.

I love her testimony!
I want to shout from the rooftops that if you will just believe Him, even though you can't understand now, even though some things hurt now, He will never truly hurt you. The pain we feel is a reminder that He is making it more than better – He's redeeming things so perfectly, that the pleasure He's preparing for me is beyond my comprehension; and so, even the pain is a grand evidence of His grace. 
~ Amy Caldwell Bixby (May 23, 1974 - August 19, 2011)

Brothers and sisters, pray earnestly for those who are suffering such great loss!
The pain of loss is severe because the pleasure of life is so great; it demonstrates the supreme value of what is lost. The screaming pain I feel at the loss of [a loved one] reflects the pure pleasure I felt in knowing [that one]. 
Jerry Sittser in A Grace Disguised

No comments: