Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

19 December 2015

SNOW?!

It’s summer here. (Technically, it’s late spring!) Either way, the heat index doesn’t keep us from decorating with snow for Christmas! JM and I were discussing that fact last night; we suspect it has more to do with Spanish and Italian heritage than with any “outside” influence (from television, internet, and so on).

The five main malls (“shoppings” as they’re called) here in the greater Montevideo area go all out with Christmas decorations.



This year at one on the coast, a carousel was set up for the kids to ride – for free!

They loved it!

No comments: