Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

12 July 2016

“¡Feliz Día!”

“Día del Padre” is celebrated in July here in Uruguay.

It’s a winter holiday here!

Every year “special days” like Father’s Day (and Mother’s Day) tend to evoke a range of emotions in my heart. While I’m thankful for blessings I, through no merit of my own, have received, I’m also saddened... Saddened at the memories of my own losses... Saddened especially for those who weep (at least inwardly) on these “special days” that can bring to the surface memories that force what is a constant heartache into very sharp focus...

And I pause to remember that opportunities like these can serve to remind us that there is only ONE who is the Perfect Parent. That One is our Creator and the One who delights to also become our Rescuer and Perfect Father. In every point where we (as parents) fail, He alone is perfect – and perfect in those very points! (I urge you to read details of His Plan – and accept His invitation to wholeness!)

But “special days” like Father’s Day can also be opportunities to pause and express thankfulness for the many ways in which we are blessed.

And today I’m doing just that – with the help of a few pictures...

We celebrated with a favorite Uruguayan meal: Chivito al Plato

 E & DJ gave JM gifts! 

And E made us all laugh with the note she included
with one of her gifts!

No comments: