Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

22 July 2016

In the news...

Abu Julia was watching the news while we were eating supper...

DJ, who had been only half listening, said to me:
“I’m /shoh/ glad we live in this /cuhn-twee/!”
[“I’m sure glad we live in this country!”]

Trying to mask a smile, I asked: “Why do you say that?”

“Because /awe/ the /uh-thoh cuhn-tweez/ have /pwah-bluhmz/!”
[“Because all the other countries have problems!”]

We love our Miniature Man!

He’d obviously tuned in to comments on current international news… Tonight’s local news, however, included follow-up on shootings in one of our coastal communities, the need for increased security in stadiums (due to recurring hooliganism), and the police and armed forces getting specialized training (partly in conjunction with the Olympic Games, to be held soon in Río de Janeiro, relatively close by...)

Yeah, he was obviously only half listening... But I’m glad he feels safe right here – where we’re supposed to be! J

No comments: