Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

03 November 2016

Tidbits from our Trip

October 25:
That awkward moment when you take your children from their current highly relational culture to their passport culture, and they ask:

“How are we supposed to greet people here?!”

[In Uruguay, we usually greet with a kiss. And I now appreciate the “ice breaker” quality of that custom more than ever!]

~ ~ ~

When I told E that I wanted /RASP-berry/ yogurt, she immediately replied:

Do you want to eat it in /FEB-RU-ary/ on a /WED-NES-day/?


October 27:
DJ, to me, after taking placement tests (hoping to get into first grade): “Mrs. T said that I made an A plus!”

Then, after a short pause: “A plus B plus C plus D plus E...”

Growing up in another culture, he has no idea what an A+ means! But tone of voice told him that it’s positive.


♥ ♥ 

October 29:
The pace of a baseball game just might be making me more nervous than the pace of a soccer game does...

(Just sayin’...)
~ ~ ~

Overheard recently in conversation (by bilingual Little People):

“Electrodomestics” don’t count!

Are “creatures” seres vivos?


November 3:
Trying to watch Game 7 of the World Series...

Baseball just might be officially bad for my health!

No comments: