Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

26 April 2017

Six years ago...

On April 26, 2011, I wrote:
Weeping for ourselves but rejoicing for Jonatan David Torres who is now singing in his Savior’s presence...
Today we say a brief “Good night!” We will see him and rejoice together forever on That Eternal Morning!

Photo taken on Christmas Eve 2010

The grieving process is difficult. And the ongoing nature of it often takes me by surprise, actually...

We are thankful, as extended family, for you who take a moment to let us know that you not only pause to remember but also to pray – and to let us know that you’re remembering and praying! We appreciate you!

Just this past April 21, one of Jona’s classmates wrote to me:
I wanted to let you know I was praying for your family yesterday. I first heard of Make-A-Wish when Jona was sick, and yesterday I became officially certified to be a Wish Granter. I had a chance to tell a little bit of Jona’s story and what a blessing your family has been, and I wanted to share with you the incredible impact Jona continues to have on my life.

We are thankful beyond words for comforting words like these and, above all, for our Loving Shepherd who faithfully leads us in righteous paths – for his own Name’s sake!

No comments: