- ...that putting an avocado pit in the middle of freshly-made guacamole keeps the dip from turning brown?
- ...that a homemade tomato facial can tighten pores and make your face glow?
- ...that putting some Sweet N’ Low in hair dye keeps it from irritating sensitive skin?
- ...that lemonade flavored Kool-Aid can act as a stain remover?
- ...that cereal box liners can work great as freezer bags?
- ...that gift-wrapped cereal boxes can make great (frugal!) shirt boxes?
- ...that some leftovers (including used tea leaves and coffee) can make specific plants in your garden really flourish?
Girl Talk, compiled by Gigi Garner and published by Five Star Publications, is a collection of useful tips, confidences, and anecdotes like the ones we women might share with our girl friends over tea or coffee. It's the kind of book that can be picked up and then easily set aside when the next duty calls – and it’s full of both useful and amusing tips.
Thank-you to the folks at Five Star Publications and Mama Bzz for the opportunity to enjoy and review this book!
(You can go here to read my complete review.)