We were in a holding pattern for ten days or so, waiting to hear news from the doctors. Jonatán had an appointment yesterday, and now we know a bit more:
- Jona's blood levels are where they need to be. He continues to be able to attend school and church, and we are praising the LORD that he has not needed any blood transfusions.
- The lung scan came back clear. This is a huge answer to prayer!
- The tumor appears to have shrunk 30% as a result of the chemotherapy treatments.
- Surgery to remove the tumor from his upper arm is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, November 24.
- That Jona's arm would be spared.
- That as the doctors endeavor to save Jona's arm, he won't have to have a shoulder replacement.
- That the LORD, the Great Physician, would completely heal Jona.
- That Christ's name would be made big in the earth – in Jona's life, in the lives of our extended family, in the medical community here, in the eyes of others on the oncology floor, in our churches, and in the lives of our Christian brethren all over the world who are interceding for Jona.
Jona's missionary grandparents (from Uruguay) arrived in town yesterday.