Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

27 November 2009

A list of blessings...

While we were driving yesterday, I asked: What can we say Thank-you! for to God today?

The following is Elizabeths spur-of-the-moment, spontaneous list – in this order:
  • the Bible
  • Jesus
  • God
  • praying
I misunderstood and thought she had said playing – so the next one was...
  • playing
Then...
  • soccer ball
  • police cars
  • stores
  • stop signs
  • red lights
  • trucks
  • houses
By this time, I suspected that the fact that we were driving was influencing the development of the list! So, I suggested: What are some things that you can thank God for?
  • mouth [sounds like mouse]
  • lips
  • yards
  • our spruce tree [in our yard]
    [Shes looking forward to putting Christmas lights on it!]
  • trees
  • windows
  • toys
  • Mommy and Daddy
  • toys [again!]
  • churches
  • monkeys
    [There are two new ones at our house now, compliments of los Abu]
  • octopus [a small hand puppet, courtesy of Publix Preschool Pals]
So much to be thankful for!