Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

10 December 2009

Our Advent Calendar

We've been thoroughly enjoying our first Christmas Season with an Advent Calendar. The frame was a prize find at a post-Christmas clearance sale last year. Because our main goal is to emphasize the Savior – and the fact that HE is our Reason for celebrating Christmas – in the little compartments on our Advent Calendar, we're placing little objects that emphasize specific truths about HIM, followed by Bible verses that state those truths. The detailed plan is posted on my bargain blog.


Confession: Most of the time, I'm barely keeping up with the day by day plan! Many of the items have been the result of very last-minute scrambling, so I've tried to introduce variety by writing the verses on various shapes, etc.


We've been enjoying the great excitement and joy Elizabeth demonstrates over the simple objects and their accompanying lessons. And it's turned out to be a great educational tool. She is remembering very well what specific truth about Christ is represented by each object – and by Monday, one week into the program, she had John 3:16 completely memorized!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

She's so cute! What a blessing to hear Scripture from little lips.