Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

11 May 2010

Commencement

Reminiscent of our high school and college graduations, we once again stand at a defining moment made up of an end as well as a beginning. Today is John Mark’s last day of employment with The Reynolds Company and mine with The Kidder Group, Inc. Tomorrow will mark the beginning of our new work as we embark on full-time deputation with the goal of being in Uruguay, Lord willing, in April of next year.

This is a poignant time for me as I look back on my time at KGI. There is so much I appreciate: the Christian values and family-friendly environment, the focus on helping others, opportunities to grow and learn new skills – to name a few. I will miss the good folks who have been such an important part of our lives for almost six years.

Like the patriarch Abraham, we leave behind the predictability of what is familiar and comfortable as we step out in faith in spite of all the unknowns, trusting in God’s promises and looking to Him for every need.

God Himself has said: “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5)

“My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus…” (Philippians 4:19)

Pray for us!

No comments: