Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

08 August 2010

in Sterling, AK

We had a full Sunday of services and fellowship at Sterling Baptist Church, a church planted by Pastor Barkley, Patricia Garwood's father.

The one-room log school house Pat attended as a girl is still standing – across the street from the current church building!

Elizabeth was excited to get her picture taken in front of her Abu's old school!

We were thankful for the opportunity to assist with Vacation Bible School the next week. John Mark helped to lead the 10 through 12 age group, and I assisted with the 7s through 9s. Elizabeth was very excited to participate as well. Several mornings that week, her first question upon waking up was:

"Is it time for Bible School?"



Elizabeth became fast friends with Pastor Tim and Mrs. Julie and Amorie. She was very sad to leave them!

No comments: