Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

04 February 2011

ridiculous & sublime

Recently, Elizabeth said to her Daddy:
I like it when girls wear bracelets on their teeth!
He had to explain that boys also wear braces on their teeth sometimes. I think Elizabeth really was thinking that she was seeing jewelry for teeth! (Shes into dressing up, etc. these days.)


Moving from the ridiculous to the sublime...

Yesterday, Elizabeth asked me to sing a Sunday School song she’s recently learned: My Sins Are Blotted Out, I Know! – except that she mispronounced blotted.

I corrected her, explaining that the verb blot means to erase or mark out, and she replied:
I prefer to say /blooded/!

Why? I asked.

Because it sounds like blood, and that’s what Jesus does with our sin!
That’s quite a picturesque understanding of the forgiveness Christ offers. Isn’t it?!

No comments: