Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

25 July 2011

BitterSweet...

¡Feliz Dia, Papá!



On Sunday we celebrated Fathers Day here in Uruguay. Im thankful for Gods goodness and grace in blessing my children with a father who first and foremost loves God and who also loves me and them with Christ-like love.

Im thankful for my dear Daddy – el Abu to my little people!


Im thankful for my father-in-law – PaPa to my little people!


On the way to Sunday School, with a Fathers Day project in hand, I suddenly wondered how many of the children in attendance would not be celebrating Fathers Day with the joy we experience and all-too-easily take for granted...


BitterSweet days like these are good opportunities to remember spiritual blessings: Those who are trusting Christ alone for salvation from sin can rejoice in a perfect Father, One who will never fail. HE cannot fail!

Sunday was another reminder to weep with those who weep even while we appropriately rejoice in Gods specific goodness to us – and rejoice with those who rejoice.

I was also remembering Mothers Day: I could not post the depths of my thoughts that day. The first Sunday in May was too close to the end of April. I was finding it much easier that weekend to weep with those who weep than to rejoice with those who rejoice. And I was weeping – especially for my sister, especially for the absence of my own dear mother, especially for my friends who would love to be but are not mothers... This year was markedly different from other years...

I am humbled to be able to rejoice – and I do rejoice – in Gods goodness to me and my immediate family!


Im thankful – beyond words – for my precious little people! And Im thankful to be celebrating special family days!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The picture of you and your little people is just priceless!

Deborah said...

Thanks, Carrie! It's my current favorite... :o)