Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

13 August 2015

Winter in MVD!

Here are a few snapshots of our “typical winter here in Uruguay...

Rainy day on the rambla, down on MVD’s coast...
(photo credit: El País)

Our winters are usually rainy and windy and often gray. Thankfully, today is not currently as cold as it can often get!

On the way to DJ’s school...

Our favorite sweet gum shed its colors but has lots of gumballs!

Our poinsettias, though fading, are holding their own;
but they’ve taken a beating from the wind and rain.

The leaves on the guava tree have turned purple, in beautiful contrast
to the bright green of the new leaves already sprouting...

No comments: