Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

25 April 2016

Remembering again...

Reposting... Remembering... Grieving... Rejoicing... Rejoicing in certain hope... Longing for Heaven... Thankful for Christ and for how HE shone through Jona’s life...

I you, Jonatán David Torres – more than ever...

Five years ago about 1000 people attended Jona’s memorial service. This picture, however, was taken almost seventeen years ago, the day of my Mommy’s memorial service. My little buddy, Jona, didn’t understand all the implications of that day, but his tender little-boy heart knew how to comfort all the same...

And a friend’s post from five years ago sums up the evening of Jona’s memorial service...

I attended a most beautiful and touching funeral this evening. Sixteen-year-old Jona basically preached his own funeral via pre-recorded testimonies. The principal, Steve Tompkins, did an excellent job, and God was truly honored. I’m praying for grace for Esteban, Esther and Marcos... God was truly honored and Christians were encouraged to Bow the Knee.

No comments: