Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

04 November 2020

“Driver’s Diploma!”

After originally getting my drivers license in the Great State of Ohio (decades ago!) 😄

...and driving for over two decades in the Sovereign State of South Carolina (with all the crazy drivers there!) 😆

...and even having some experience driving in six countries (on three continents!) 😜

Finally this afternoon I received my Uruguayan Drivers License!

It was a process 🙃 involving, of course, red tape and multiple visits to the municipality.

I had to...

...take the written (computerized) test,

...put in 15 class hours of Drivers Ed (a big thank you! to “🚘ters Academy” for his patience!) 😁

...and then take the actual driving test.

So this little plastic card ranks up there with a diploma or something along those lines... 😉

Edited to add: 
The process was at least somewhat complicated by the pandemic (due to limited postal service, etcetera).

“Revalidating” a document internationally now requires the country of origin to “apostille” the document, thus certifying it as genuine. However, the interruption of international mail caused by the current pandemic complicated that aspect, so it was easier (and cheaper!) to start at Square 1. (Plus, I frankly was not confident that the DMV would be up to the challenge of validating a document internationally, pandemic or no...) 🙃

When it came down to the actual driving test (and the instructor found out that I’d already had a driver’s license elsewhere for years), all I had to do was drive around and through the park. Grace! 😉

No comments: