Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

28 November 2020

Thanksgiving Traditions!

Thanksgiving Day: One of my favorite holidays! 🤎

In the southern hemisphere, it tends to fall on a regular workday when we have classes to attend and/or teach and a school year to wrap up. All become aspects that help us focus on the essence of the celebration!

In the evening we had to take our now-traditional walk, half a block up and four blocks over, to the little “mom and pop” ice-cream shop that has become an important part of our family’s traditional celebration of Thanksgiving Day.


The purple flowers on the jacarandá tree that we usually photograph on our way weren’t at their peak this year, but we tried for a few snapshots anyway. It was E’s idea to get the flowers with the moon in the background...

We’ve enjoyed watching the horneros rebuild their nest this spring!


DJ also enjoys taking (and editing) pictures with my cellphone:

And I love all the angles in this shot!

Since E’s regular classes had been cancelled for the afternoon, she had accompanied me to school that morning in order to help me teach elementary EFL classes.


This is what can happen when your teen gets ahold of your cellphone while you’re at the wheel: ðŸ˜„

(She’s one of my favorite people!)

As I commented (on fb!) to John Mark: Dr. Troutman might just have been right when he tried to assure this desperately sleep-deprived mom that a colicky baby turns into a wonderful teen... 😉

SO much to be thankful for!

No comments: