Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

12 November 2008

naming letters upside down

Elizabeth surprised me on Sunday (while we were eating lunch with Tío Alfonso) by naming the following letters correctly in Spanish – while looking at them upside down! I wish now that I'd gotten a picture of the actual poster that was laminated onto the table, so I’ve tried to make a replica with some resemblance to the original...


Our little fan of letters – big and small, English or Spanish – named all the letters correctly in Spanish, except for the S in exóticos which in the actual font on the poster looked very much like a capital G. She also commented that one of the O’s had a little stick – ¡Tiene un palo! – as she pointed out the accent mark!

This is, of course, the same little girl that finds capital A’s and H’s in parking lot designs and tries to build letters with her mega blocks… (I think she inherited her Abu's ease in memorizing visual cues! Don't you agree, Abu?!)

No comments: