Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

03 January 2010

Garwood Girls Christmas

Well, were not technically Garwoods anymore (at least not in the good ol USA) – but Garwood Girls alliterates (kind of like Steel Siblings does).

On Christmas Eve, we gathered with our families and enjoyed a wonderful meal of Roast Lamb, Mashed Potatoes, Pumpkin Veggie Bake, and Tomato Bread – with Pan Dulce for dessert!

As a result of a spur of the moment idea, we set up the Uruguayan Pesebre (which had not yet made its appearance this season), telling the part of the Christmas Story that corresponded to each figure as we unwrapped each one. We then enjoyed a time of singing Christmas Carols.


Lots of pictures were taken and video clips were recorded. (The latter is thanks to Uncle Wills gift to Jona and family!)

We then exchanged gifts and talked and laughed – until very early Christmas Day!

I love my family!

No comments: