Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

17 February 2015

Milestones & Metaphysics!

We’re SO thankful for our Little Man!

Almost four weeks ago, inspired by the “play land” he saw when passing a kindergarten on the way to the hospital (to check on “la Abu” who was recovering from thyroid surgery), he decided he, too, wanted to “go to school.” Upon being reminded that only Big Boys who don’t wear diapers get to go to school, he decided he was ready to make that commitment. And, just like that, he did – almost literally overnight!

He was so funny and business-like about it all. That first afternoon, he insisted on drawing a poster to announce the big change. He got “Sister” to help him with the letters – especially because they weren’t fitting on the smaller size sheets of construction paper.

At the top of the poster is the now-rejected diaper;
the pair of “Big Boy Underwear” is in the middle.

(As I type this blog post, I’m grinning – remembering that there’s more than one reason this family news blog and the ministry blog are separate entities!)


This Little Man is such a delightful mix of “All Boy” and sweet tenderness...

Sweetness: When he saw that I’d painted my toenails and fingernails on Sunday night, he very enthusiastically exclaimed: “That’s great, Mommy!”

All Boy: This afternoon, while perched at the top of the stairs (in spite of a warning), he tumbled backward all the way down nine marble steps to the middle landing! Ouch!

Surprisingly, he didn’t protest at our keeping an ice pack on the bump on his head for the better part of an hour. And when, a few minutes ago, I kissed the bump, he put his arms around my neck and kissed me back: “I appreciated that ice pack, Mommy.”

He loves to learn!

And he’s a thinker. A couple weeks ago, after family devotions, he asked: “How can you follow Someone if He’s invisible?”

And he mulls over the hard questions. Out of the blue one night last week, he was very talkative. His comments revealed that he’d been thinking about the deity of Christ.

“You told me that Jesus is God’s nature. But, I’m not Daddy!”

I encouraged our Little Man to ask God to help him believe what He has told us is true:

“Where does God tell us everything He wants us to know?”

I could hear the smile in the darkness: “In the Bible!”

Please pray with us that our Little Man will very soon, at this young age, turn to Christ in true understanding for salvation. We often remind him that Jesus came to save him from his “badness” – and there are plenty of opportunities for those types of reminders…

No comments: