Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

04 February 2015

Still Celebrating...

In keeping with our family tradition of what we like to call “Birthday Season,” we’re still celebrating Elizabeth’s special day! (We’re sort of making up for JM’s time away at camp, too.)


We’re thankful for moments to spend time together – “just our family” – and make some special memories along the way. We’re keenly aware of the fact that time with our precious Little People is flying by...

Although these two have typical sibling “squabbles” at times, in general they get along very well; they’re really best friends. And we’re very thankful!

To illustrate: DJ was very concerned that he have a nice gift to give “Sister” on her birthday. So when I suggested nail polish, he was very happy. He knew how she’d been begging to get her fingernails painted for her birthday!

“Look! It has sparkles in it! 

And last Sunday at church, E was given some special sweet treats  as birthday gifts. DJ was sitting with me when they were given  to us! So I thought they were for him and told him to say “Thank-you!” When we were told they were for E, DJ climbed onto my lap and buried his face in my shoulder; there were (understandably) some tears. But I whispered to him that I was sure E would be happy to share with him. “She always does! He immediately sat up and wiped away the tears (with the backs of his hands, in that endearing little boy way). He was comforted; he was confident that his “Sister” would indeed share with him!


We’re thankful for our Sweet Girl and the precious relationship of trust she shares with her little brother  and friend!

No comments: