Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

24 November 2015

B-Day Season!

We’ve celebrated “birthday season” in our little family – for as long as I can remember (and maybe even since our founding in 1999). Whatever the case, our tradition has worked well so far. Furthermore, October has been doubly “birthday season” because we have two birthdays almost back to back at the end of the month. (DJM was, in fact, “due” on JM’s birthday!)

This year (not surprisingly) wasn’t any less busy than last. In fact, at the very last minute, several unexpected adventures came up which trumped our (birthday drive) celebration plans for JM. So, “birthday season” actually became an even better idea than ever for us...

We “celebrated” JM’s birthday (on the actual date) with pasta frolaone of his favorite Uruguayan desserts.


But I still owe him his favorite (made from scratch!) chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!

And DJ took a bakery cake (one of my favorites!) to school on his actual birthday.

We sent a camera, so they would take pictures.

And we went out that evening for our favorite ice-cream!


Stay tuned for pictures from DJ’s birthday party just this past Saturday...

No comments: