Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

21 October 2012

Solid Joys!

Today we sang a hymn I’d memorized in high school. My now-favorite stanza wasn’t included in the hymnbook used back then, but it’s well-worth our singing and meditation:
 
Savior, since of Zion’s City
I through grace a member am,
Let the world deride or pity;
I will glory in thy name.
Fading is the worldling’s pleasure,
All his boasted pomp and show.
Solid joys and lasting treasure
None but Zion’s children know.
(by John Newton)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love this verse too!