Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

30 January 2015

Happy B-Day, (Not So) Wee One!

My text message alert beeped at 7:26 this morning: 4:26 in South Carolina. JM (counseling at camp) and I (planning to take the Little People to camp on this very special day) remembered together that awesome moment nine years ago when we first held our “Wee One!” That was the nickname we used when she was in utero  and one that my Mommy used for me. And it fit our Little Lady so well...

We love her more than ever!

We’re thankful for the sweet, sensitive (albeit highly excitable and emotional!) Little Lady our Loving Shepherd has entrusted to our care. As I write, she’s downstairs chatting with and listening to Abu Julia.

We rode the bus out to the camp this morning, enjoyed the kilometer walk in off the highway, and made some sweet memories.

We love the camp ministry – and look forward to the day when we’ll be able to serve there together as a family…


DJM enjoyed himself immensely!


We’ve missed our Main Man and very much look forward to his coming home tomorrow  and staying for a couple weeks! J

At the central bus station (Think: very nice mall!) on the way home, we enjoyed Tex-Mex (YES! We can get it here!) and ice-cream (the very-special-splurge-on-a-birthday kind!)

And we’ll have to celebrate again next week when JM is home... 



SO much to be thankful for!

No comments: