Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

04 June 2017

¡Familia FEBU! ♥

This past week we enjoyed organizing and hosting two fellowship opportunities with our FEBU Family.

Mini Surprise Baby Shower on Tuesday!

Last-Minute Pizza Party on Friday!

And I’m often blessed (and always challenged!) beyond words by random, spontaneous moments (as I chop vegetables for soup or make pasta sauce) when students come early in the afternoons and lean on the doorposts of the kitchen entryway and begin to share their burdens, questions, doubts...

Those are humbling moments; I often see my own heart and struggles in theirs. And those moments – more than most – make cramped living quarters, shared kitchen space, or the dribbling shower (due to “pressure” equal only to the pull of gravity) worth the investment they represent.

But such “living space challenges” also pale as I remember the words of my Loving Shepherd:
“The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head...” (Matthew 8:18-20)
You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them...” (John 13)
And we rejoice in these moments while they are ours... 

No comments: