Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

23 December 2017

Christmas Décor!

Friends recently asked us about traditions here in Uruguay at this time of year.

Folks here love to decorate for Christmas! Practically everybody sets up the pesebre (nativity) in their home (along with a decorated tree), and the main shopping malls go all out with their decor.

This was the pesebre at one shopping mall in 2013.


Snow is another favorite theme – in spite of the fact that we “never” get any real snow here!

This Christmas Season the snow theme is back, and one shopping mall is offering snowfalls (inside!) once per hour, as they have for years now during the holidays.

¡Feliz Navidad!

No comments: