Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

19 December 2018

“Las Piedras”

We rode out to the city of Las Piedras, due north of the greater Montevideo area and right on the departmental line that divides Montevideo from Canelones, this afternoon. We stopped at the big (and relatively new) shopping mall there to enjoy the holiday decorations.

“¡Feliz Navidad!”



We also walked around the park right outside the shopping mall.

Love ‘em!

The park is located on the site of a famous, decisive battle in Uruguay’s history (“Batalla de Las Piedras”) and is part park, part memorial. We’d like to go back with more time to learn more...

No comments: