Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

10 December 2008

thankful for – hand-made decorations (and what they mean)

The Lord God has been exceedingly good to us!
(Notice the paper bag pumpkin on the right.)

There was a time in the not-too-distant past, when I seriously doubted whether I would ever have the joy of hand-made school projects and decorations. Looking at the precious Thanksgiving projects, brought home from K-2 and propped up on our desk as decorations, has literally brought tears – of unspeakable joy – to this Mommy's eyes!

The daily demands and incessant pressures of being a Mommy to a little person can cloud and crowd out the moments of joy (quite often found in routine and seemingly mundane tasks of daily life). I could have lived my entire life without the privilege of wiping this precious little face and these grubby little hands! But instead – what a privilege and calling! God – in His goodness – sends moments like these, with precious tangible reminders, to correct our thinking...

Having had – in the goodness of God's plan for our life – to long and wait for a blessing that can so easily be taken for granted, we are constantly rejoicing in God's goodness to us in sending us our precious little girl...

And now I can hardly wait to see what Christmas decorations will come home!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Amen! I love Mrs. V's poem too. So many times dusting I have stopped and prayed it for that day. Too soon they'll be grown and gone.