Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

10 March 2009

What a God we serve!

The following verses from Isaiah 55 keep coming to mind... Yesterday Dad sent the following adaptation, including the last verse and adding emphasis in bold font. (Thank-you!)

Maybe pioneer missionary William Carey was also meditating on such passages when he said:

"The future is as bright as the promises of God!"


As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower
and bread for the eater,
so is my Word
that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose
for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands . . . and it shall be
to the LORD
for a name,
for an everlasting sign
that shall not be cut off.

No comments: