Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

16 April 2009

b-day highlights


Counting my blessings...
  • Iris in bloom in the flowerbeds!
  • Inheriting a whole stash of (organized!) coupons from Andrea – who taught me how to really coupon in the first place! (Now I can hardly wait to figure out the ins and outs of CouponCentral!)
  • Finishing taxes on April 14 (one whole day before the deadline!), not working on taxes at all on April 15, and getting to the post office before supper on April 15!
  • Supper at Moe’s – courtesy of a b-day coupon!
  • Looking forward to using the remaining b-day coupons – mostly of the ice-cream variety!
  • Elizabeth saying: “Dat’s yoh pwesent!” while viewing Uncle Daniel’s e-card
  • Laughing with JM over Shannah’s e-card
  • Phone calls and/or voicemail from family
  • B-day greetings from FaceBook friends and family
  • Looking forward to the rest of “b-day season” – especially the b-day cake JM and Elizabeth are planning to make and decorate!
    Elizabeth: “Mommy, what’s yoh numboh?”
    Me: “A lot!”
    Now she vacillates between plans for twenty candles and four candles! (Twenty might sound flattering, but in reality it’s the highest number she knows!)
  • AND (best of all!) my gift from JM (and Elizabeth) – a CD with wonderful Scriptural texts and guitar accompaniment: Cantate Domino – Sing to the Lord
I am truly blessed!

No comments: