Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

21 October 2009

A preview of the (fast-approaching) teen years?!

That's what I thought as I contemplated the collage on the fridge...

A classmate's birthday party invitation, a dental appointment,
a full church calendar, a fieldtrip...

But she's only three and a half years old!

It's a good reminder to "make the most of the opportunity" each day!

And as I meditated on that verse, I took note of its context:

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;
Praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ...
That I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak.
Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.
Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

Oh, how we need Christ's grace to pray as we ought, to speak His truth to ourselves and others, to conduct ourselves wisely, to speak with grace – to obey Him!

How thankful I am for His promises:

He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
And these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yes, it flashes by. . .