Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

01 February 2010

Sleet, Ice, and Snow!

But mostly sleet and ice in our area...

We stayed snug and warm inside most of Saturday, admiring the frozen world – through the window panes!

It all started with sleet on Friday evening, turning into a mix of sleet and freezing rain, and then into a coating of ice by Saturday...


I did venture out for a few pictures late Saturday and then again on Sunday afternoon.




Freezing rain and snow are beautiful aspects of God's creation that remind me of His promises:

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower
and bread for the eater,
so is my Word
that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose
for which I sent it.

No comments: