Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

22 July 2010

in Anchorage

The weather in Anchorage continued to be cool and rainy. I must admit that I enjoyed it, and the clouds resting on the mountains had a beauty all their own.


Taking advantage of a respite from the rain, Pastor and Mrs. F took us on a whirlwind tour of Anchorage. Here are some views of the city and surrounding mountains. (Do you get the impression that we love mountains?!)




We were constantly intrigued by how low the snow-line is in this area; Anchorage is basically at sea-level. We were told that when the last snow finally melts, it's time for snow to start falling again...

Other interesting sites in Anchorage included: The Chocolate Waterfall!

 
This tourist attraction trap "is believed to be the largest of its kind in the world" – with 3,400 pounds of real liquid chocolate! Elizabeth wanted to wade in it. As you might imagine, it's not edible; but yummy samples of chocolate candy are offered elsewhere in the store.
 
We also visited The Fur Factory. Very interesting! I especially like the carved moose racks. Amazing works of art!

 
Elizabeth and I were also invited to participate in a morning outing to Imaginarium at the Anchorage Museum. We're thankful for these opportunities for fellowship with individual believers in the churches that are each in some way sending us to Uruguay. Our Lord has indeed blessed us abundantly!

No comments: