Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

25 November 2010

So much to be thankful for...

The doctors were very open with Jonatán and his family at his appointment on Thursday a week ago. They told Esteban and Esther that, as parents, they would have to decide if they wanted Jona to receive chemo in the future or not. Please pray for wisdom. We continue to ask the Lord for the miracle of complete healing; HE is the Great Physician!

We are praising the Lord once again for His abundant provision for Jona and his family. They are (right now!) on the way to our beloved Uruguay! They plan to be there until December 13, returning to the USA on December 14. The Lord provided abundantly for their tickets and other expenses for the trip!

Please pray for physical strength for all of them as they travel; pray especially for Jona. Pray that they'd be able to get some good sleep on the airplanes. Please pray that precious memories will be made during this special time together with extended family in Uruguay. Jona has not been to Uruguay for about ten years, and this will be the first time ever in Uruguay for his brother Marcos.

On Sunday morning Jona gave a testimony at Iglesia Bautista Calvario in Greer. He spoke in Spanish, but my dynamic translation of some of what he said (with his typical personality and sincerity) includes:

I’m thankful for my parents; they cook lots of good food for me!

I’m thankful for my brother; he makes me laugh when I’m feeling sad.

I'm thankful for my (school) friends; they visit me in the hospital and bring me treats!

I’m thankful for the cancer; it has drawn me closer to God.

My God is so big; there are no words to describe Him!

Thank-you for praying – for the whole family – and especially for Jona. Our God is big, and we are experiencing His abundant grace!

We continue to have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: