Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

13 November 2010

Welcome, DJM!

Daniel James Matías weighed 9 lbs, 14 oz and was 22 inches long! We promptly changed our nickname for him from Itty Bitty Boy to Little Man!

We're going on two weeks now... Time really does fly when you're having fun AND when you're keeping busier than ever! That's why I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures...

Some of our favorite "brand new" pictures include:

about fifteen minutes old

about one hour old

"Best Big Sister"


Elizabeth had been looking forward to helping me dress him, BUT she wanted my help with putting on his socks "because they're complicated!"

the boy cousins – on the Garwood side

Jonatán was admitted to the hospital for surgery on the day I was discharged. These are definitely emotion-packed days for our family...

Do pray for us all!

5 comments:

Lynn Crabb said...

Both of your children are so adorable! God has been so good to you!

Ellen said...

Tell Elizabeth not to feel bad. Baby socks are hard for even experienced moms to put on. :)

Thanks for posting. I'm sure you are super busy, but it's great to see pictures of your Little Man.

Deborah said...

Thank-you!
Yes! Our Good Shepherd has abundantly blessed us -- and we are thankful beyond words...

I thought Elizabeth's comment about the socks was too funny! I think sleeves are the most complicated with newborns!

:o)

RuthBix said...

GREAT pictures! Beautiful family. So happy for you. Enjoy these early days with your little man. They pass SOOO quickly! I can't believe our Zacharie is already approaching his 1st birthday.

Deborah said...

Thank-you! We are rejoicing!

I can hardly believe that Zacharie will be one soon! Wow! We're trying to be mindful to "cherish the moments" every day... They do pass all too quickly!