Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

22 December 2010

Grace!

As I hold my baby boy this Christmas season, studying his precious little face, marveling at his many tiny perfections, I repeatedly think of another mother over two millenia ago who held another Baby Boy in a stable in Bethlehem – so unlike mine in many important ways and yet so like him in others! And I stand in awe of the fact that HE humbled Himself to such a state of dependence: a tiny Baby, dependent on His mother for His most basic needs...

HE who is eternally God "became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth!" (John 1) Later on, as a Man, "He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death" – and not just any death – but "even death on a cross." (Philippians 2)

Why such humility – and even humiliation? He did all this in order to "save His people from their sins!" (Matthew 1) Are you personally experiencing His amazing grace?

How the angels proclaiming the news of His birth to those humble shepherds on the Judean hills must have wondered at such amazing grace toward mankind! I, too, stand in awe...

No comments: