Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

07 December 2010

Stars!

On the way back down the mountain on Sunday evening Elizabeth was enjoying the night sky:
I see a galaty! (She meant galaxy.)
After discussing galaxy (including its pronunciation) for a few minutes and after enjoying more of the view, she said:
I'll recognize the stars that are in the American flag when I see them because they're stacked in a blue square.
We eventually realized that she was expecting to find those fifty stars in that formation in the sky! After all, the stars in Alaska's flag (much loved during our summer travels) can be easily identified in the night sky!

Here are some of her renditions of the Big Dipper, the stars in Alaska's flag.

She drew these after our return from Alaska in mid-August:


Drawing is what she does (and loves!) most as the many miles of our travels go by...

She also informed us that we can see the star in Uruguay's flag every day.
Because it's the sun! The sun is a star. Well, it's really a big ball of fire!