Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

11 September 2011

Psalm 2: A Summary of World History

Why are the nations in an uproar
And the peoples devising a vain thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the LORD and against His Anointed [Messiah], saying:
“Let us tear their fetters apart
And cast away their cords from us!”

He who sits [enthroned] in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying:
“But as for Me, I have installed [poured out] My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
[Think of His Work on Calvary!]

[The Anointed One speaks:]
“I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You [referring to His resurrection!]
[See Acts 13!]
‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
‘You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like earthenware.’”

[The Holy Spirit speaks:]
Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
Take warning, O judges of the earth.
Worship the LORD with reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

This same King said:
All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

(We’re thankful for our senior pastor, his careful exposition of God’s Word, and his burden for “taking the Word to the world” – beginning right here wherever we each live and work.)

No comments: