Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

20 December 2011

Christmas is (almost) here!

“Christmas Is Here!” was the title of the K-5 program on Friday. Elizabeth was so excited – and she did a great job saying her lines and singing:

“A Baby was born in a manger over two thousand years ago for you and me!”

Unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6


She was funny... You wouldn’t have guessed it from how distractible she could be at times, but she had most (if not all) of the twenty-minute program memorized. For days leading up to the event, she would say: “So-and-So and So-and-So say... And then So-and-So says...”

She was a lot of fun to watch – especially when she flashed us a big smile upon finding us in the audience!

[Unfortunately, we didn’t get seats very near the front, so I’m very thankful that my pictures turned out as well as they did. The little Canon zooms quite nicely! And, as usual, editing in Picasa is a lot of fun!]

No comments: