Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

17 February 2012

Remembering: One year ago...

One year ago on the day-before-yesterday, we had just returned to the Upstate from travels in Ohio to learn that Jona had had a near-death experience. (A tract that is in the works tells the story, and I plan to share more on that later. Meanwhile, please pray for God’s guidance of and blessing on the tract project!)

You would never guess what Jona had recently been through by the pictures and video clip we took that evening:



We’re more thankful than ever for the “bonus” time (over two months) that God gave us with him.


We now miss him more than ever! Some days are harder than others. And as time passes and reality comes more and more into focus, we face new challenges. But, by God’s grace, we continue to rest in the knowledge that His way is perfect – and that the number of our days are ordained by Him!

You [God] formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You,
For I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

No comments: