Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

05 April 2015

Easter (and Autumn!) Thoughts

Jesus said:
“I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”
(John 11)

In Montevideo the trees lining many streets are changing to autumn’s yellow and brown. And in the surrounding department of Canelones, many fields are filled with pampas grass in full beige-colored tassel.

If the colors of North American spring remind us of the new life of resurrection, then the darker shades of Southern Cone autumn remind us of the effects of sin on the earth and of our need for Christ’s rising.

HT: JMS


Bright pink is another shade of our autumn
with the silk floss kapok trees still in bloom.



He is risen!

He is risen indeed!

No comments: