Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

17 April 2015

Recent Comments & Conversations!

I’ve been collecting “comments” and “conversations” for the last month and a half. As I reread them, I smile or even laugh right out loud!


We’re especially loving the ways our Little Man experiments with words these days. (And I remember a Little Lady making us laugh when she was about this age.)

On the second day of school we asked our Little Man:

“Did you make any new friends at school today?”

“No, but I made a new teacher.”


That same afternoon the observant Little Mechanic informed me:

“The air container [his expression for air conditioner] at my school looks just like ours  but it has a pipe that comes in from outside and another one inside that comes down the wall into a bucket, and water comes out of it…”


When the Little Mechanic gets frustrated because his latest MegaBloks creation isn’t fitting together correctly (sometimes due to miscalculations on his part as designer), he exclaims:

“This isn’t telling me the truth!”


At lunch one day in late March, JM and I were discussing the adjectival use of past participles in Spanish (and specifically estoy aburrido vs soy aburrido).

In the course of the conversation we also mentioned “estoy confiado” and a few other similar examples.

DJ was trying to glean what he could from that conversation (and obviously didn’t quite follow everything that was said) – as evidenced by his comment that evening when he quietly confided to me:

“Daddy said something silly today; he said: Estoy jugado but it’s really Estoy jugando.

No wonder he comes home from school exhausted!


While trying to get him settled a few nights later, he said to me: “Sometimes I can’t think… But my mind is always talking.”

Yep! We can see that!

The night before he had asked me to explain the digestive system:

“When food goes down the goozle pipe, is the stomach shaped like ‘U’? Because otherwise the food wouldn’t all fit…”


And just yesterday, I overheard the following conversation:

E: “Name five things that you do in the evening.”

DJ: “That’s too hard!”

E: “No, it’s not! You walk and you talk…”

DJ (excitedly interrupting): “And I pick my nose! And I use the potty! And I pull up my clothes after using the potty!”

I’d love to hear what all gets said
while making brick-powder-based paint...

Never a dull moment around here!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

And here's a favorite quote from early September of last year:

DJ, pointing to an imaginary line on his glass:
"I need just a little more Coke. Just two more kilometers."